Many fruits and vegetables are great for dogs to eat, but grapes and raisins are dangerous, even in small amounts. Here’s what to try to do if your dog has eaten grapes or raisins and signs of great illness to observe for.
If you’re wondering if dogs can have raisins or grapes—common treats for adults and youngsters alike—take note: Raisins and grapes aren’t safe for dogs to eat. While veterinarians aren’t sure exactly why the fruit is so toxic to our canine friends, what’s known is how serious the poisoning is, says Ahna Brutlag, DVM, who works with Pet Poison Helpline to assist answer potential poisoning questions for veterinarians and pet owners.
Open next page to continue reading